TEMPLATE DESCRIPTION – The vehicle mileage template is used report the following:
- The number of miles traveled by a bus on the snapshot date.
- The type of routes traveled.
- The road types traveled.
- The mileage type traveled.
GRAIN: One record per district / Vehicle / road type / mileage type
DATA SUBMISSION SCHEDULE: 80 DAY, 120 DAY
LOAD SEQUENCE / DEPENDENCIES:
- Vehicle Snapshot Template
|1||DISTRICT CODE||CHARACTER, REQUIRED, KEY||SY18 Districts|
|2||VEHICLE ID||CHARACTER, REQUIRED, KEY||Enter the bus number|
|3||ROUTE ID||CHARACTER, REQUIRED, KEY||
|4||REPORTING DATE||DATE, REQUIRED, KEY||
|5||ROAD TYPE CODE||CHARACTER, REQUIRED, KEY||
|6||MILEAGE TYPE CODE||CHARACTER, REQUIRED, KEY||
|7||DAILY MILEAGE||NUMBER (1 DECIMAL), REQUIRED, UPDATEABLE||Number of miles must be greater than or equal to 0 and less than 500.|
QUESTION: Do I have to submit vehicle snapshot if the bus was not used on 80 (120) day?
ANSWER: If a bus is not used on 80 (120) day no vehicle mileage records are submitted. The vehicle snapshot “vehicle in use indicator” must equal “N”.
QUESTION: How does the vehicle snapshot “vehicle in use indicator” influence the submission of vehicle mileage?
- If the vehicle snapshot “vehicle in use indicator” = “N” then no vehicle mileage records are submitted
- If the vehicle snapshot “vehicle in use indicator” = “Y” then 6 vehicle mileage records are submitted
QUESTION: How many mileage records must be submitted per bus?
- If a bus is used on 80 (120) day six mileage records must be submitted.
- If a bus does not travel one of the “road type” / “mileage type” combinations report “0” in daily mileage.
- Allowable combinations for “road type” and “mileage type” are shown in the table below.
- The route id must be the same on each record when entering multiple records for one vehicle.
|ROAD TYPE||MILEAGE TYPE|
|Paved||Essential Dead Head|
|Unpaved||Essential Dead Head|
|Unimproved||Essential Dead Head|