Skip to Content

Performing Arts

Performing Arts 2018-01-03T16:21:23+00:00

90     Performing Arts 

music, theatre or dance, with a concentration of 24 hours in one of those areas.


Click here for the CKA: Performing Arts exam



  • Beginning teachers adding the endorsement to an initial license must satisfy the requirements for the license which include 24-36 semester hours in performing arts and pass the Content Knowledge Assessment (CKA) in Visual Arts or Performing Arts.


  • Teachers seeking to add the endorsement to an existing NM teaching license of any level can either:
    • Pass the CKA in Visual Arts or Performing Arts; predecessor or comparable exam; or

    • Earn 24-36 semester hours of credit in visual arts or performing arts (12 of the hours must be upper division credit if adding the endorsement to a secondary or pre k-12 specialty license); or

    • Be certified by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards in visual arts or performing arts.



Performing Arts NMAC
Page last updated January 3, 2018