The practice of a directed scope of nursing requiring basic knowledge of the biological, physical, social and behavioral sciences, and nursing procedures, which practice is at the direction of a registered nurse, physician, or dentist licensed to practice in this state
- $125 fee, cashier’s check or money order; and
- Initial application; and
- Current American Red Cross, American Heart Association or National Safety Council certification in CPR; and
- Completion of a state approved and/or nationally accredited program of study for practical nursing; and
- Copy of current LPN license issued by the NM Board of Nursing; and
- Minimum of 1 year of supervised clinical nursing experience outside of a school setting; and
- Verification by the school superintendent that a local orientation related to assigned duties, and facilitated by the PED license registered nurse, was satisfactorily completed.
- $95 fee, cashier’s check or money order will be valid for a one year grace period for level 2 or 3 (from time of expiration). If the expiration date exceeds the grace period a $125.00 would apply; and
- Application for NM Continuing Licensure; and
- Superintendent’s Recommendation for Continuing Licensure (Must be on School District Letterhead); and
- Current, valid certification from the NM Board of Nursing.
- Note: The earliest you can renew same level license is January of expiring year.
Note: Your application will be returned if:
- The application is not completely filled out, lacking a signature/date; or
- The money order is not completely filled out or signed. The Professional Licensure Bureau does not accept other forms of payment.
Note: Delay of application:
- Your application is lacking supporting documents listed in the above check list.
- If your license(s) has expired (and you do not have additional valid licenses on file), and your background was completed 24 months or more, you will need to complete a new background.
Note: NMPED Correspondence with Educators:
- Consultants correspond by email. Please check your spam/junk folder.
CONTINUING LICENSURE FOR SCHOOL LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSES: Persons holding a valid school licensed practical nurse license and seeking continuation of this license shall meet the following requirements:
- A completed application for continuing PED licensure shall be submitted to the director of professional licensure; and
- a copy of a current valid certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation which includes hands-on demonstration; and
- a copy of a current valid certification in first aid; and
- the superintendent of the local school district or the governing authority of the state institution or private school by which the applicant has been most recently employed as of the date of application for continuing licensure must submit verification that the applicant has satisfactorily been employed as a PED school licensed practical nurse; and
- a copy of a current valid practical nursing license shall be submitted with the application for continuing PED licensure.
NMPED LICENSURE TRANSCRIPTS INFORMATION
- Official Transcripts: Transcripts must be sealed and addressed to 300 Don Gaspar, Santa Fe, NM 87501 OR E-scripts can be sent by the university(s) to the attention of NMPED at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Official Foreign Transcripts Evaluations: Transcripts must be sealed and addressed to 300 Don Gaspar, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (we only accept mailed foreign transcripts evaluation).
All foreign transcripts need to have a course-by-course evaluation completed. Click Here for a list of evaluators who are members of the Foreign Transcript Evaluation Services (NCAES). The Public Education Department does not require nor recommend NACES listed service members be used. There is no “official” organization or regulatory body for foreign credential interpretation or evaluation methodology in the US. It is based on commonly-developed and agreed standards of good practice.
ALL FEES SUBMITTED ARE NON-REFUNDABLE