A substitute license authorizes a trained individual to provide temporary instructional services when an assigned licensed teacher is absent from class.
- $35 fee, cashier’s check or money order; and
- Initial Application; and
- Obtained a high school diploma or equivalency
- You must be eighteen years of age; and
- Submit a copy of the superintendent’s Verification Form.
- $35 application fee, cashier’s check or money order; and
- Renewal Application; and
- Superintendent‘s Recommendation for support provider form (must be on School District Letterhead).
- If your level 1 support provider license has expired, you will need to apply for an initial level 1 license.
- If your license has expired (and you do not have additional valid licenses on file) you will need to complete a new background.
- The earliest you can renew same level license is January of expiring year.
Note: Your application will be returned if:
- The application is not completely filled out, lacking a signature/date; or
- The money order is not completely filled out or signed. The Professional Licensure Bureau does not accept other forms of payment.
Note: NMPED Licensed Teachers Substituting:
- A licensed teacher does not need to have a substitute license when substituting a class. A teacher license will suffice.
Note: Delay of application:
- Your application is lacking supporting documents listed in the above check list.
- If your license(s) has expired (and you do not have additional valid licenses on file), and your background was completed 24 months or more, you will need to complete a new background.
Note: NMPED Correspondence with Educators:
- Consultants correspond by email; please check your spam/junk folder.
ALL FEES SUBMITTED ARE NON-REFUNDABLE