UPDATE ON ELEVATE NM
The Public Education Department is removing the requirement to report in Canvas all elements of Elevate New Mexico for school year 2021-2022. [Click HERE to read the full memo]
We hope this change eases some of the stress you and your staff are feeling amid another school year impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and allows for flexibility as needed. We know you will continue to provide your teachers with the supports they need to feel successful in the classroom and to improve outcomes for all students. Some best practices might be to focus solely on early career educators or those educators who have a professional growth plan for this academic year.
LEAs and Charters may keep using the elements provided in Canvas as you continue to support teachers in their growth for the remainder of the year. However, the requirement to report has been removed.
CALIBRATION FOR ADMINISTRATORS
We are excited to announce that all things Elevate NM will be in Canvas. Please see below to get started:
- NMPED Canvas Login
- For Canvas account support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Additional resources can be found on our CANVAS SUPPORTS page.
- NEW! Non-Classroom Teacher Evaluation Forms: These are now available within your School’s Canvas Elevate NM course by clicking on Modules, then scrolling to the bottom under Non-Teaching-Teaching Forms
- Domain 1 – Planning and Preparation (PDF)
- Domain 1 – Planning and Preparation (Word)
- Domain 2 – Creating an Environment for Learning (PDF)
- Domain 2 – Creating an Environment for Learning (Word)
- Domain 3 – Teaching for Learning (PDF)
- Domain 3 – Teaching for Learning (Word)
- Domain 4 – Professionalism (PDF)
- Domain 4 – Professionalism (Word)
Principal Evaluation Task Force
The PED is excited to announce the members selected for the Principal Evaluation Task Force. We will begin this work early in the fall for the school year 2021-22. Please see the list below for the names of the task force members.
Educator Evaluation Task Force