[Please reference the sidebar on the right for more supports aligned to your role in Elevate NM]
Update on Elevate NM Requirements
As educators strive to meet the needs of their students during another school year impacted by the pandemic, the Public Education Department, is streamlining the requirements for Elevate NM for school year 2021-2022.
Streamlined requirements are:
- Completion of the PDP (BOY & EOY)
- Two walkthroughs (one should be in fall, and one in the spring semester, if possible, to best support educators)
- One formal observation (including the Post-Observation Form)
The deadline for completion for all is simply May 14, 2022. To ensure that it’s clear as to what’s required inside of Canvas, there are red exclamation marks (❗) next to the required components that are outlined above (as shown here).
New Administrator Training: Also, if an administrator has been recently hired and needs to complete calibration, we are hosting a required, two-day training for new administrators on Monday, January 10, 2022, and Tuesday, January 11, 2022; both from 3:15 – 5:15pm. Click here to register for two-day training. Please reach out to Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
NEW! Non-Classroom Teacher Evaluation Forms: These are now available within your School’s Canvas Elevate NM course by clicking on Modules, then scrolling to the bottom under Non-Teaching-Teaching Forms.
Calibration for Administrators
Any administrator still needing to calibrate will need to reach out to Emily.Foose@regionix.org
[For support or help with login, contact: Canvas.Admin@state.nm.us]
See Canvas Supports (Link) for additional resources
New Administrator Training for Elevate NM on Canvas – January 10 & 11, 2022
Enroll Here (Link)
Guidance for Principal Evaluation SY21-22
For the 2021-22 School Year, we will continue to use the HOUSSE forms below for principal evaluation. We anticipate having these forms available on Canvas by September 10, 2021. The NMPED has selected a task force to address the issue of Principal Evaluation; this group will begin meeting in September 2021. While the current forms are not consistent, we look forward to the recommendations that the task force generates this fall. The NMPED Principal Evaluation Task Force will develop a new or revised system for SY22-23.
- 2019-2020 HOUSSE Form A (PDF)
- 2019-2020 HOUSSE Form B (PDF)
- 2019-2020 HOUSSE Form C (PDF)
- 2019-2020 HOUSSE Form D Guidance (PDF)
- 2019-2020 HOUSSE Form D (PDF)
- Walkthrough Companion for Virtual Instruction with Elevate NM Domains 2 & 3 (PDF)
- Walkthrough Companion for Virtual Instruction with Elevate NM Domains 2 & 3 (Word)
- Domain 1 – Planning and Preparation (PDF)
- Domain 1 – Planning and Preparation (Word)
- Domain 2 – Creating an Environment for Learning (PDF)
- Domain 2 – Creating an Environment for Learning (Word)
- Domain 3 – Teaching for Learning (PDF)
- Domain 3 – Teaching for Learning (Word)
- Domain 4 – Professionalism (PDF)
- Domain 4 – Professionalism (Word)