2024 Summer Review Institute Applications
The Instructional Material Bureau (IMB) is now accepting applications for the 2024 Summer Review Institute for Instructional Materials. Core instructional materials for grades K-12 Science will be reviewed June 10-21, 2024. We are looking for reviewers and review team leaders who are committed to helping the IMB and NMPED identify high-quality instructional materials for the students and teachers of New Mexico. The reviews are used to determine whether the submitted instructional materials are adopted or not adopted by the state.
- 2024 Summer Review Institute Flyer with FAQs
- IMB Informational Webinar for Review Institute Applicants Video
- IMB Summer Review Institute Reviewer Experiences Video
A description of each review institute position with the application link is below.
Reviewer of Record application: The reviewer’s primary responsibility is to unbiasedly review materials and provide evidence for alignment with standards and criteria for high quality using rubrics developed by a team of content area experts and the IMB. Reviewers are also required to work with a review team leader to ensure understanding of the standards and authentic results; meet scheduled deadlines for completing the review; attend daily check-ins on progress toward final scores; and collaborate with another reviewer and a review team leader to author an evidence-based appraisal of reviewed materials. Reviewer of Record application
Review Team Leader application: The review team leader’s primary responsibility is to unbiasedly review materials and provide evidence for alignment with standards and criteria for high quality using rubrics developed by a team of content area experts and the IMB. Review team leaders are expected to be highly knowledgeable in their content area and be able to provide content and standards support throughout the review to their review team. They are required to work with a team of two other reviewers to ensure understanding of the standards and authentic results; meet scheduled deadlines for completing the review; schedule and facilitate daily check-ins on progress toward final scores; attend daily check-ins with their facilitator; ensure the review team provides evidence that is valid; and lead reviewers toward an evidence-based appraisal of reviewed materials. Review Team Leader application
This HQIM resource manual is designed to walk teachers, schools, and districts through the research behind high quality instructional materials; how materials are selected for adoption on the list in New Mexico; and how districts can navigate options for essential considerations and ongoing implementation. View and download the HQIM resource manual.
Provided below is resourceful information available to view or download.
- Application for Appointment as Observer — 2024 Summer Review Institute (Coming Soon)
- Adoption Cycle Graph (revised 7.7.23)
- Adopted Multiple List–All Subjects
- 2023 Publisher Contact Information
- New Mexico Regional Review Centers for Instructional Materials
- Archway Depository iSTAR Online
- New Mexico Archway Depository Contact Information
- High Quality Instructional Materials Resource Manual
- High Quality Professional Learning Marketplace List
- Instructional Material Disposal Policy
- Instructional Material Waiver Request Form
- CLR Criteria and Guidance for Reviewing Instructional Materials
- Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Vetting Instructional Materials for Multiculturalism and Cultural and Linguistic Responsiveness–2019 HQIM Conference
- CPRL Strategy Toolkit: An Evolutionary Learning Approach to HQIM-PL
For immediate assistance please contact the Instructional Material Bureau.