07- Licensure Code
Beginning Teacher Pathway
Beginning teachers adding the endorsement to an initial license must satisfy the requirements for the license which include:
- 24-36 semester hours in library media coursework and pass the Content Knowledge Assessment (CKA) in Library Media (please see coursework listing and assessment information below).
Teacher with Existing License Pathway
Teachers seeking to add the endorsement to an existing NM teaching license of any level can either:
- Submit a passing score of 220 for the CKA in Library Media; predecessor or comparable exam (see assessment information below); or
- Earn 24-36 semester hours of credit in library media (see coursework listing below);
- if adding to a secondary or pre k-12 specialty license 12 of the hours must be upper division credit;
- if adding to a middle level license 6 of the hours must be upper division credit; or
- Be certified by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards in library media.
School Library Media Specialist is a National Evaluation Series™ (NES®) test. The NES educator licensure tests provide New Mexico with comprehensive exams aligned to professionally accepted national learning standards.
|Format||Computer-based test (CBT); 150 multiple-choice questions|
|Test Dates||By appointment, year round. Test appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Check seat availability.|
|Test Sites||CBT sites are located in New Mexico and nationwide. Locate a test center .|
|Reference Materials Provided for this Test||None.|
|Test Fee||$95. Review payment information.|
|Score Reporting||A scaled score is provided immediately after testing; score reports are released within two weeks of testing.|
|Testing Policies||When you register, you must agree to abide by all testing rules and policies. Read them now.|
|Prepare||View the preparation materials available for this test.|
Copyright © 2019 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved.
Pearson, P.O. Box 226, Amherst, MA 01004
Accepted Health Coursework
- design and utilization of media
- cataloging and classification of materials
- instrumental design and development
- selection and acquisition of materials
- children’s literature
- educational uses of computers and research
- reference and bibliography
- Some literacy coursework accepted