“Instructional support providers” formerly referred to as related service or ancillary providers, shall mean anyone who provides services for a public school or state institution as an educational assistant, school counselor, school social worker, school nurse, speech-language pathologist, psychologist, physical therapist, physical therapy assistant, occupational therapist, marriage and family therapist, occupational therapy assistant, recreational therapist, signed language interpreter, educational, alcohol and drug abuse counselor, substance abuse associate and other service providers who are employed to support the instructional program of a school district or charter school.
- $150 (non-refundable) fee; and
- Initial Application via NMPED Online Licensure Portal; and
- Pathway 1
- Official sealed transcripts conferring Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling . A Level 1 License Issued.
- Pathway 2
- Official sealed transcripts conferring Master’s degree in school counseling, vocational counseling or other related field and letter of verification of 1 year experience in rehabilitation counseling OR 15 semester hours in rehabilitation counseling course work. A Level 1 License Issued.
- Pathway 3
- Official sealed transcripts conferring Bachelor’s degree in rehabilitation counseling and 1 year of direct vocational rehabilitation job experience. A Level 1 License Issued.
- Pathway 4
- Official sealed transcripts conferring Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., special education, psychology, school counseling or related field) and letter of verification of 2 years’ experience in which direct vocational rehabilitation counseling is the primary job responsibility OR 15 semester hours in rehabilitation counseling course work. A Level 1 License Issued.
- Pathway 5
- Possess a certificate issued by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification. A Level 1 License Issued.
- Pathway 1
- Register for background/fingerprints for “Teacher Licensure”.
- $120 (non-refundable) fee will be valid for a one year grace period for level 2 or 3 (from time of expiration). If the expiration date exceeds the grace period a $150.00 would apply; and
- Renewal Application via NMPED Online Licensure Portal; and
- Superintendent ‘s Recommendation for Continuing Licensure (Must be on School District Letterhead).
- Note: If educator does not have additional valid licenses on file, then must register for background/fingerprints for “Teacher Licensure
Renewal of Licensure Level
Level 1 → 3 year license
Level 2 → 9 year license, advancement to a level 2 can be obtained after 3 full school years of licensure on a level 1 license
Level 3 → 9 year license, advancement to a level 3 can be obtained after 3 full school years of licensure on a level 2 license
Delay of application:
- Your application is lacking supporting documents listed in the above check list;
- If your license(s) has expired (and you do not have additional valid licenses on file), and your background was completed 24 months or more, you will need to complete a new background for Teacher Licensure. School Employment backgrounds will not be accepted.
NMPED Correspondence with Educators:
- Consultants correspond by email. Please check your spam/junk folder.
NMPED Licensure Transcripts Information
All fees submitted are non-refundable