NMPED has developed a series of modules, which includes 5 units, titled Structured Literacy and Dyslexia 101. This professional learning opportunity is offered free of cost to all New Mexico educators on the MrOwl platform. The Units include the following titles:
- Unit 1: Teaching Reading is Life-Saving Work: the Importance of Effective Reading Instruction
- Unit 2: An Introduction to the Science of Reading and the Elements of Structured Literacy Instruction
- Unit 3: Dyslexia and Related Language-Based Learning Differences
- Unit 4: Screening and Evaluation of Dyslexia
- Unit 5: Best Practices for Intervention for Students Demonstrating Characteristics of Dyslexia
A certificate of completion is available once the entire course is completed and the participant has submitted the module completion.
MrOwl is pleased to provide every educator a free premium membership which allows unlimited cloud storage when sharing publicly and 100 gigabytes of private storage to securely store materials. The MrOwl platform allows educators around New Mexico to share information with one another, to search what others have shared, and to collaborate with one another. New Mexico is a unique state to teach in and MrOwl is committed to connecting teachers from all areas of the state to one another with a place to discuss and share best practices and resources on teaching and learning.