The following rule changes were published in the NM Register XXVIII, Issue 4 – published February 28, 2017.
6.29.15: Primary and Secondary Education-Standards for Excellence-Spanish Language Arts Common Core Standards
Description: Provides teachers with Spanish language arts standards aligned to the Spanish language version of the common core state standards published by CCSSO. Effective 7/1/2018.
Description: The companion piece to the New Mexico content standards for Spanish language arts (see 6.29.15 NMAC above). The standards guide second-language instruction for Pre K – 12 Spanish language learner students. Effective 7/1/2018.
- Clarifies SAT team expectations for homeless or foster students
- Updates caseload requirements for center-based special education services
- Updates testing requirements for state graduation exams for students with IEPs
- Removes requirements to maintain accurate accounting of graduation programs of study for students with IEPs
- Provides content and performance standards for health education