This morning, Secretary Karen Trujillo announced at the Fine Arts Education Act Conference that the New Mexico Public Education Department is hosting an art contest for a new department logo. All students from PreK-12th grade public and charter schools are invited to participate. Each school will decide on their best piece and then will nominate one piece of student artwork for consideration by the NMPED. The new logo will be featured on the NMPED website and all NMPED materials. Following the competition, all submitted works of art from all schools will be displayed in the NMPED building in Santa Fe.
The Call for Artwork guidelines are:
• Each school will nominate one student’s artwork to submit to the NMPED. Submissions will only be accepted from individual schools, no direct student submissions will be accepted.
• Must be designed by currently enrolled New Mexico PreK-12 traditional or charter school student(s).
• Design must include the text: NMPED or New Mexico Public Education Department.
• Must certify that the submission is an original design and that no copyrighted materials were used.
• Can be designed in any reproducible media.
• Digital artwork must be delivered in high resolution format (250 dpi).
• Hand drawn/illustrated artwork must be no smaller than 3” x 3” and no larger than 8.5” x 11”, to allow for high quality image digitalization.
• Artwork must promote a student-centered, service-minded agency that is working to celebrate and lift our state’s schools and everything that is unique about New Mexico’s culture, history, people, and students.
• Selected submissions will be the property of NMPED, and may be used without notification or rights conferred upon participants.
Public Education Secretary Karen Trujillo is requesting a logo that represents the new vision of the New Mexico Public Education Department, “We want our logo to communicate that the NMPED is here to serve students first, and that we are the biggest supporters of our state’s public schools and the dedicated people who work in them.”
Schools have until April 5, 2019 to submit a piece of student artwork. Students should contact their school and Principal for instructions on how to submit a logo. Only one submission will be accepted from each school, no individual submissions will be accepted.
Flyer for Principals- NMPED Logo Call for Artists