NEW MEXICO NATIONAL BOARD SCHOLARSHIP
The NMPED National Board Scholarship is available to teachers. Through funding appropriated annually by the NM Legislature, the New Mexico Public Education Department (NMPED) is able to award up to five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000.00) in grants to eligible teachers who are seeking certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
A teacher is eligible to apply if:
- They are a resident of New Mexico (J1, J2, and H1B visa holders are not eligible); and
- They hold a valid level 2 or level 3A NM teaching license; and
- They are a full-time teacher of record at a New Mexico public school in the 2022-2023 school year; and
- They submit a letter of reference from their current principal
The Department will prioritize awards for candidates seeking initial certification, in high needs areas, however a small amount may be set aside to support teachers who are in the process of renewing their certification.
Scholarships are awarded annually. [Funding for scholarships is contingent on legislative funding.]
- Awards for SY22-23 school year will be reimbursed for components paid for and completed prior to June 17, 2023.
- Awards for SY21-22 school year will be reimbursed for components paid for and completed prior to June 17, 2022*.
[*Even if the NBCT extends their submission deadline for SY2021-22, the due date for reimbursement requests remains June 17, 2022. For SY2022-23, reimbursement requests are due on June 16, 2023.]
IMPORTANT: Please read FAQ’s prior to completing the application.
Note: This scholarship application is in Google Form. To avoid problems in accessing the application, please use a personal email address and not a work email. Use an internet connection other than your district/charter network, as some firewalls may block access.
Application Window: April 15, 2022 – June 27, 2022
Deadline: June 27, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m.
Notification of awards will be sent by July 31, 2022
Congratulations to the 286 educators from across New Mexico who were awarded a scholarship to pursue their National Board Certification for SY21-22.
New Mexico National Board Certified Teacher (NBCT) Network
8100 Wyoming Blvd., NE M4-346
Albuquerque, NM 87113
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Guide to National Board Certification – NBPTS (PDF)
- Categories for National Board Certification (PDF)
For all questions related to the New Mexico-National Board for Professional Teaching Standards scholarship opportunity, please email EQ.NationalBoards@state.nm.us.