Consider Joining the Social Studies Standards Team
The New Mexico Public Education Department (PED) is recruiting a team of 60-65 educators to help re-develop New Mexico’s K-12 Social Studies Content Standards. We hope to identify a team representing diverse locations, grade-levels and content knowledge. The goal is to create standards that are culturally responsive and that focus on the knowledge, skills and dispositions critical to ensure all students are college, career and civic ready. If you are interested in serving on the Social Studies Content Standards Writing team, please review this informational document and complete the application. For questions, please contact: Severo Martinez at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jacqueline Costales at Jacqueline.email@example.com.
AP Spring Workshops
The College and Career Readiness Bureau will host virtual Advanced Placement Spring Workshops from 1-4 p.m. on Friday, March 5, and Wednesday, March 10. Participants can choose from more than a dozen breakout options. Educators are welcome to attend one or both days of this free event. See the complete agenda and register here. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join New Mexico ECHO for Education for connection and support in communities of practice in two areas: Supporting and Inspiring Teachers and Social Emotional Learning. Connect with expert educators from across the state who lead sessions on everything from hybrid learning to diversity and anti-racism. Click here for information.
Supporting and Inspiring Teachers
- Feb. 24: Challenging Platforms for Elementary & High School Students
- March 10: Supporting Students With Special Learning Needs
- March 24: Principles and Pedagogy for Virtual/Hybrid Classrooms
Social Emotional Learning
- March 2: Engaging and Inspiring Students, Part 1
- March 16: Engaging and Inspiring Students, Part 2
- April 6: Creating a School-Wide Culture of SEL
Opportunities for PE Teachers
The University of New Mexico, PED, and SHAPE New Mexico are partnering to provide physical educators with resources during COVID-19. Town Halls are recorded and are from 4-5:30 p.m. Webinars are recorded and are from 4-5 p.m. Use this Zoom link to join.
- Town Hall – March 10: Flipping the Gymnasium: Hybrid Physical Education
- Free Webinar – March 17: Flipping the Gymnasium During COVID-19 by Dr. Killian, Georgia State University
National Board Support
The N.M. NBCT Network is offering support for teachers who are completing work to become certified. The cost is $15 per session. Visit the NMNBCT web page for information.
- Feb. 27: Analyzing Student Work
- Feb. 27: Analyzing Video Recordings
- March 6: Thinking and Writing
- March 6: Goal Setting
- March 13: Using Data
- March 13: Using Level 4 Rubric, Editing Tips, Electronic Submission
The Professional Licensure Bureau is accepting renewal applications for licenses expiring June 30, 2021. Only digital applications will be accepted. To access the licensure portal, an applicant must first register to apply.
- PRAXIS offers at-home testing for many licensure exams. See the list of exams available virtually here.
- Alternative & 1CS Extension requests will be accepted from districts and charter schools on April 5, 2021. Please use this link for more detailed information.
- Licensure Liaisons have been assigned to each district and charter/state supported school. Use this link to explore the workbook.