2,000 free books for NM kindergarteners
The Public Education Department is distributing 2,000 copies of the bilingual book Little Nita’s Big Idea / La gran idea de la pequeña Nita to kindergarteners in 10 New Mexico counties. The books were purchased and donated by owner-operators of McDonald’s franchises in New Mexico.
In this video, Lt. Gov. Howie Morales reads the book out loud in English.
In this video, PED literacy director Severo Martinez reads it in Spanish.
Books have been distributed to kindergarten students in schools districts in the following counties: Alamogordo, Bernalillo, Bloomfield, Cobre, Hondo, Portales, Ruidoso, Santa Fe, Santa Rosa and Taos.
- Behavioral Health
- Bilingual Multicultural Education Programs
- Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Instruction
- Curriculum & Instruction – New Mexico Instructional Scope
- Distance Learning
- Early Childhood Education
- Educator Evaluation
- English Learner Resources
- Exchange Visiting Teacher Program
- Homeless Assistance
- Indian Education
- Multi-Layered System of Supports
- NM Content Standards
- NM Vistas
- Safe and Healthy Schools
- Special Education
- Student Assessment
- Teacher Leadership