New Mexico Public Education Department
Parent and Family Information
Family Guide, Student Safety, Nutrition, Bullying Intervention, Continuous Learning
Licensure, Evaluation, Content Standards, Teacher Leadership
The latest information and resources for educators and families
NMPED’s Education Technology Call Center
Assistance is just a phone call, text, or online form away. The ETCC is a collaborative effort between the NMPED and the New Mexico Regional Education Cooperatives Association (NMRECA). The statewide call center provides education-related tech support services to New Mexico public school and charter administrators, staff, and students and their family household members.
Visit the Education Technology Call Center website.
Anti-Racism Anti-Oppression Hotline
Students, families and community members can report school-based incidents of racism to the Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression Hotline. There are 3 ways to report:
- Email: ARAO.Hotline@ped.nm.gov
- Online form: bit.ly/ARAOHotline
- Phone: 833-485-1335
PED Little Lending Library
Look though books, grab a book or leave a book. The New Mexico Public Education Department’s Little Lending Library is located on the east side of the PED building at 300 Don Gaspar in Santa Fe. The library was designed by students from the Media Arts Collaborative Charter School in Albuquerque.
988 is a free nationwide helpline for emotional, mental or substance use crisis. 988 calls, texts and chats are answered by trained, compassionate behavioral health professionals who know community mental health and substance use resources. Learn more here.
For information about New Mexico’s COVID-19 Watchlist, visit NMED here, where you can search by city or school name.
Looking for information on internet hotspots?
Additional updates are available on our News and Media page.
Important Information & Quick Links
The Open Books: NM Public Education Financial Transparency Portal is live! Read more here.
- NMPED Website FAQs
- Now Is the Best Time to Get Your Child’s Immunizations by Secretary Ryan Stewart & DOH Secretary Kathaleen Kunkel
- CARES/ESSER Grant Application and Resources
- Continuous Learning Plan Support
- School Meal Sites for Children
- Graduation Rates
- Instruction Interruption Podcast
Rooted in our Strengths
Students in New Mexico are engaged in a culturally and linguistically responsive educational system that meets the social, emotional, and academic needs of ALL students.
Equity, Excellence and Relevance
The New Mexico Public Education Department partners with educators, communities, and families to ensure that ALL students are healthy, secure in their identity, and holistically prepared for college, career, and life.
Dr. Arsenio Romero
Secretary of the Public Education Department
Jacqueline Costales, Ed.S.
Deputy Secretary of Teaching, Learning, and Assessment (Interim)
Managing Director (Interim)
Popular Topics & Resources
- Apply For/Renew a Teaching License
- Assessment Bureau
- Assessment Memoranda
- Awards and Carryover
- Bilingual Multicultural Education Programs
- Bullying Prevention
- Capital Outlay
- Career Technical Education
- CARES/ESSER Grant Application
- Charter Schools
- Chartering Authorities
- College and Career Readiness
- Community Learning Centers
- Counselors and Advisors
- Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Instruction
- Early Childhood Education
- Education Administrator LEA Assignments
- Educator Evaluation
- Educator Growth and Development
- Educator Pathways Bureau
- English Learners
- Family and Community Supports
- Finance Analysis Bureau
- Graduation Requirements
- Hispanic Education Advisory Council
- HIV-STI Prevention Education Program
- Home Schools
- Indian Education Advisory Council
- IPRA Requests
- K-5 Plus/K-12 Plus Pilot Program
- Learning Management System – Canvas
- Martinez and Yazzie Consolidated Lawsuit Updates
- Math and Science
- Multi-Layered System of Supports
- NM Vistas
- Policy and Legislature
- Public Education Commission
- Recently Adopted Rule
- Safe and Healthy Schools
- School Budget Bureau
- School Health Resources
- Special Education
- Striving Readers Comprehensive Literacy Initiative
- Stat Books
- State Seal of Bilingualism-Biliteracy