- U.S. Department of Education, Non-Regulatory Guidance: Using Evidence to Strengthen Education Investments, contains recommendations for choosing and implementing interventions in schools in need of improvement.
- The Institute of Education Sciences provides many resources related to rigorous independent education research, evaluation, and statistics.
- Supporting a Culture of Evidence Use in Education, released by the Institute of Education Sciences overviews the work and resources provided by the institute.
- The Center for School Turnaround provides information regarding a variety of issues related to school turnaround.
- School Leadership Interventions Under the Every Student Succeeds Act Volume 1 – a Review of the Evidence Base, Initial Findings published by the Rand Corporation, describes the opportunities for supporting school leadership under ESSA. In addition, the report discusses standards of evidence under ESSA, and examines the research base pertaining to those standards.
- The Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) provides leadership, advocacy, and technical assistance on major educational issues. This webpage contains resources exclusively related to ESSA.
- New Mexico Vistas, celebrates the success of our highest performing schools, identify schools that the department will support with federal grant money, and provide families with an opportunity to learn more about their local schools.
The NM PED believes that when schools struggle academically, the system is failing the school, not the other way around. Based on indicators of academic performance and school climate, the PED will collaborate with districts, schools, and communities to determine what resources are needed to support schools on their path to student success, allowing PED to allocate federal resources where they can make the most impact and help every student succeed.