Welcome to NMPED’s Curriculum & Instruction (CI) Division
The CI Division is part of the Teaching, Learning, and Assessment (TLA) Division alongside the Assessment Division and the Educator Quality Division.
NMPED’s CI Division is committed to the advancement of knowledge and resources that assist educators in the practice of teaching and learning. We are centered in research, grounded in practice, and focused on students. Our team is committed to supporting all students of diverse backgrounds and abilities with a learning experience that prepares them for college, career, and life. We enact this commitment by:
- Valuing diversity to ensure students and educators are affirmed in their identities and leverage this diversity to further the learning experience;
- Creating spaces for New Mexico educators to explore ground-breaking, cross-disciplinary research and resources;
- Providing leadership, content expertise, and technical assistance related to teaching, learning, and assessment;
- Coordinating processes to develop and implement content-specific standards for grades K-12;
- Designing, developing, and facilitating learning experiences for students and educators; and
- Establishing and fostering strategic partnerships among districts, schools, communities, state agencies, nonprofit organizations, postsecondary education institutions, and/or business and industry partners.
The CI Division is constantly evolving to best meet the needs of students and educators in New Mexico. Currently the CI team consists of:
- Literacy and Humanities Bureau
- Math and Science Bureau
- Instructional Materials Bureau
- Multi-Layered System of Supports (MLSS)
- New Mexico Instructional Scope (NMIS)
- Gifted Education
- Indigenous Education Resources
- High-Dosage (HDT) and On-Demand Tutoring
- ACCELerate NM – Professional Learning & Communities-of-Practice
Navigating this page: Use the menu on the right to access dedicated webpages for each bureau & program.
Need help finding what you are looking for? Email: email@example.com