The New Mexico Public Education Department is offering a variety of partnerships with Saga Education, The New Teacher Project (TNTP), and Lexia Learning Systems to provide FREE tutoring supports in an effort to increase student achievement, decrease student absenteeism, and create more equitable outcomes for our New Mexico students. All of the tutoring supports being offered by the public education department are aimed at closing the achievement gap between our most at-risk students.
High-Dosage Tutoring (HDT) Supports
Research shows that when students are provided at minimum three classroom-aligned sessions per week for at least 45min per session students are 50% more likely to pass their content area courses, experience reduced absenteeism and higher graduation rates, and an increased sense of belonging in their school community.
- We offer direct, virtual high-dosage tutoring supports to students in Math and Language Arts. Tutors are certified teachers, retired teachers, educational assistants, substitutes, college students, military members and college graduates. The student-to-tutor ratio for all sessions is 4:1
- Spring ’23: Sessions started in January for over 400 Algebra I students who aim to gain confidence and recover credit.
- Summer ’23:
- Following the success of NMPED’s Virtual Algebra I High-Dosage Tutoring program, the Curriculum & Instruction Division is now taking students for summer tutoring opportunities in 6th Grade Math, Early Literacy, and Algebra I! Each program builds on strong research and highly trained New Mexico educators. Tutoring will occur between May 28th and August 12th. Please feel free to post these links on your school/district webpage and share on social media!
- Want to be a Math Tutor? Tutors can sign up here
Embedded Intervention Supports
FREE Schoolwide Lexia PowerUp Literacy for Middle Schools (grades 6-8):
- Lexia’s PowerUp Literacy is a technology-based program proven to accelerate literacy gains for adolescent learners who are reading below grade level. The program personalizes learning to support the diverse needs of struggling readers, whether they are several grade levels behind or show some risk of not meeting College and Career Ready Standards. This opportunity will be fully funded by the NMPED.
- Click here to apply for a FREE schoolwide license
- Join our informational session on Thursday, March 16th from 3:30-4:30 PM. This session will include a presentation from the Lexia team, additional information from the NMPED, and an open Q&A session. We specifically encourage C&I Directors, district-based leaders, and school-based leaders to attend.
- Topic: Lexia PowerUp Information Session
- Time: Mar 16, 2023 03:30 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
- Questions? Reach out to Chase Deaton