The NM Canvas Initiative reaches far beyond traditional use of Canvas with students into other uses such as: professional development from the NMPED; organizing, vetting, and sharing of digital content; professional learning communities; conferences; and Elevate NM, the teacher evaluation program. Elevate NM in Canvas is fully implemented and redesigned for a concise and informative user experience.
The NMPED also provides Canvas licenses to all public district and charter schools. The Canvas Learning Management System is an integral educational tool for remote, hybrid, and face-to-face learning. Canvas provides streamlined communication and learning opportunities for everyone.
Why Use Canvas
- The Canvas Platform offers:
- A feature-packed and user-friendly interface for learning and assessment – whether fully online, blended, or in person
- Learning equity through accessibility protocols and tools
- Easy learning on the go with Canvas mobile apps for Students, Parents and Teachers
- Valid and reliable assessment tools
- Canvas Studio
- Flexible and engaging curriculum, assessment, and communication tools
- Professional Development
- Free to all NM schools
- Robust reporting and analytics
- and more!
Need more information?
Click on the Navigation Bar on the right to look for additional resources and key contacts.