The NMPED has developed a series of modules, which includes five units, titled Structured Literacy and Dyslexia 101. This professional learning opportunity is offered free of cost to all New Mexico educators on Canvas. The units include the following titles:
- Unit 1: Teaching Reading is Life-Saving Work: the Importance of Effective Reading Instruction
- Unit 2: An Introduction to the Science of Reading and the Elements of Structured Literacy Instruction
- Unit 3: Dyslexia and Related Language-Based Learning Differences
- Unit 4: Screening and Evaluation of Dyslexia
- Unit 5: Best Practices for Intervention for Students Demonstrating Characteristics of Dyslexia
A certificate of completion is available once the entire course is completed and the participant has submitted the module completion.
The NMPED is pleased to provide every educator access to the Canvas Learning Management System free of charge.