Our mission is to positively impact student learning by ensuring the development and administration of valid and reliable assessments that:
- Measure the effectiveness of curriculum and instruction
- Include data systems and structures that provide students, teachers, administrators and stakeholders with the information needed to make informed decisions
- Produce a measure indicating progress towards readiness for college and career
- Uphold the belief that all students can learn and achieve at high levels
- Hold schools and the PED accountable to create equitable opportunities for students
New Mexico’s Balanced Assessment System
I am interested in…
- What is New Mexico’s Balanced Assessment System?
- How are assessment results used?
- Which assessments will my child take?
- Which assessments are required?
- What do I need to know about assessing students with the most significant cognitive disabilities?
- How can I best prepare my students?
District Test Coordinator Resources
- When are important dates for assessments?
- What training materials are available?
- Which assessments should be assigned to students?
Assessment Literacy Resources
- What is the role and purpose of assessments?
- Who are the primary users of the statewide assessment system?
- How is the assessment data used?
- How can I find info on state assessments?