School counseling programs are collaborative efforts benefiting students, parents, teachers, administrators and the overall community. School counseling programs should be an integral part of a student’s daily educational environment, and counselors should be partners in student achievement.
Professional Development Resources
- New Mexico chapter of the American School Counselor Alliance (NMASCA)
- College Board Counselor Summer Institute webinars
- 2018 Advisor Summit Presentations
- College Board for Counselors
- Counselor Conversations:
Professional Development Events
College Advising Essentials v2 (For School Counselors and parents)
College Advising Essentials v1 (For School Counselors and teachers)
Bigfuture.org : One-stop shopping website for college and career information with planning tools from college search to admission and paying for college.
Roadmap to Careers : This website is a career search tool for students with interest-matching activities, videos, interviews with professionals, and much more.
Career Pathways in NM : Tool for exploring high-value careers
Social Emotional Learning
- Social and Emotional Learning: Coaching Toolkit (for use when working with teachers to incorporate SEL into their classrooms)