The Careers2Communities (C2C) program is designed to increase all New Mexico students’ college and career readiness, ensuring that those students traditionally under-represented in higher education and the workplace can equitably achieve high-value careers. C2C is funded by the federal Expanding Access to Well-Rounded Courses Demonstration Grants Program, and is FREE for all New Mexico students and teachers.
Careers2Communities involves several different projects, including:
- Pathways2Careers (P2C): This curriculum teaches math in the context of high-value careers, answering the question: When will I ever use this? Each course is cross-walked to existing texts for use as a supplement, or can be used as a stand-alone curriculum. The following math courses are available for the 2021-2022 school year:
- 8th Grade Math
- Algebra I
To view a sample lesson and the complete table of contents, click here. Coming Soon: Algebra IIa and Algebra IIb! These two full-year courses use the same career-driven approach as other P2C curricula. When students complete both years, they will satisfy their Algebra II graduation requirement.
- Community Voices: Meet New Mexicans in a variety of high-value careers that represent our state’s geography and culture. Students meet mentors who describe their careers, the journeys that brought them there, and the high school courses that helped them along the way. More Voices are added regularly! To watch these videos for yourself, click here. To share your story, please click here.
- Online CTE Pathways: Coming soon in the 2022-2023 academic year!
Virtual Summer Learning Summit (June 15-18): This event is designed for all New Mexico educators interested in curricula exploring Algebra I and Geometry standards. Our summit will help educators with:
- Effective strategies to help students connect math problems to careers
- Pathways2Careers Curriculum and its revolutionary tools to engage students
- Fellow colleagues passionate about student outcomes
This event is now full and registration is closed.
If you have any questions regarding the C2C program, please contact our C2C staff:
- Alexandra Lutz: C2C Grant Manager
- Email: Lutz@state.nm.us
- Phone: 505-490-3648
- John Gabaldon: Education Administrator
- Email: Gabaldon@state.nm.us
- Phone: 505-396-1992