CTE Corner: October Newsletter
It’s the time of the year again: the distinct smell of green chile roasting in the air following the brisk, cold mornings of Balloon Fiesta. As we enter the month of October, the College and Career Readiness Bureau would like to present its newest edition of the CTE Corner. In the newsletter, you will find the following:
- The inspiring story of a longtime nurse who made the transition to CTE teacher at Los Lunas Schools
- Who won this year’s NMACTE Awards
- How to take advantage of career-focused math content and professional learning
- CTE nominations needed for the U.S. Presidential Scholars
- Important dates and deadlines in the CTE world
CTE Corner: September Newsletter
With the 2021-22 school year fully underway, the College and Career Readiness Bureau would like to present the September edition of the CTE Corner. This month, you can find the following:
- How a charter school, Health Leadership High School, has rapidly improved its career and technical education in less than three years
- The brand-new Near-Peer Tutoring Program that can provide your high school students gain teaching experience while earning a paycheck
- A career-based math curriculum offered by Pathway2Careers
- A brand new section called “Career Cluster Focus” which will highlight the different career clusters, starting with Health Sciences
- Dates & Deadlines
- Scholarship of the Month
CTE Corner: August Newsletter
As everyone prepares for a new school year, we would like to offer the August edition of the CTE Corner. In the newsletter, you will find the following:
- An in-depth look at this year’s Summer Enrichment Internship Program, which provided high-quality, paid summer internships to approximately 2,300 high school students across New Mexico
- Five New Mexico students who became SkillsUSA national medalists
- Careers2Communities and Advanced Placement updates
- An introduction to two new members of the College and Career Readiness Bureau
- Scholarship of the Month
CTE Corner: July Newsletter
We hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far. As we move past a difficult school year to a fresh start in August, we would like to honor our educators with the July edition of the CTE Corner. In the newsletter, you will find the following:
- A Q&A with a few of New Mexico’s CTE teachers who reflect on last year’s challenges, look forward to next year, and provide a snapshot of how their students overcame obstacles
- Two Albuquerque students becoming TSA National Champions!
- A Carlsbad student highlighted by NMACT
CTE Corner: June Newsletter
We hope everyone had an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. As an appreciation of your hard work during this last school year, we’d like to present the June edition of the CTE Corner. In the newsletter you will find the following: a feature story on College and Career Signing Day in New Mexico, a local CTE teacher being named a finalist for a national award, a new CTE building being built in Hobbs, new details on the Summer Enrichment Internship Project, and a new way to keep track of dates and deadlines within NMPED.
CTE Corner: May Newsletter
We’re nearing the finish line on the 20-21 school year and we want to thank our educators for their unwavering dedication to the students of New Mexico during this challenging time. In our May edition, we highlight the following: a valuable Q&A with Jerry Schalow (the President & CEO of the Rio Rancho Chamber of Commerce), details on the newly-launched Summer Enrichment Internship Program, a report on how COVID-19 impacted CTE across the nation, and more.
CTE Corner: April Newsletter
It’s been a long road to get to this point, but we’re finally welcoming students back into the classroom full-time! In our April edition, we highlight the following: CTE best practices at Career Technical Student Organizations, CTSO competition winners, CTE reentry guidance, legislative roundup, and a new CTE grant manager announcement.
CTE Corner: March Newsletter
It’s difficult to believe– it’s already March! In our March edition, we highlight the following: CTE best practices at Dora Consolidated Schools, a call for CTE teachers to become school liaisons, Las Cruces Public Schools taking part in the current legislative session, AP reminders, and Scholarship of the Month.
CTE Corner: February Newsletter
Happy CTE Month from the College and Career Readiness Bureau! In our February edition, we highlight the following: CTE best practices at Central New Mexico Community College, in-person learning expansion, CTE Funding & Application Workshop, a new Hiring Blitz, and the Scholarship of the Month.
CTE Corner: January Newsletter
Happy New Year from the College and Career Readiness Bureau! In our January edition, we highlight the following: CTE best practices at Farmington Municipal Schools, a breakdown of performance indicators, the new Spanish Career Cluster Guide Books, and a CCRB coach featured in a national publication.
CTE Corner: December Newsletter
Happy holidays from the College and Career Readiness Bureau! In our December edition, we highlight the following: CTE best practices at Tularosa Municipal Schools, an ENMU teacher in the running for a national CTE award, important events, and the scholarship of the month.