CTE Corner: August Newsletter
As everyone prepares for a new school year, we would like to offer the August edition of the CTE Corner. In the newsletter, you will find the following:
- An in-depth look at this year’s Summer Enrichment Internship Program, which provided high-quality, paid summer internships to approximately 2,300 high school students across New Mexico
- Five New Mexico students who became SkillsUSA national medalists
- Careers2Communities and Advanced Placement updates
- An introduction to two new members of the College and Career Readiness Bureau
- Scholarship of the Month
CTE Corner: July Newsletter
We hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far. As we move past a difficult school year to a fresh start in August, we would like to honor our educators with the July edition of the CTE Corner. In the newsletter, you will find the following:
- A Q&A with a few of New Mexico’s CTE teachers who reflect on last year’s challenges, look forward to next year, and provide a snapshot of how their students overcame obstacles
- Two Albuquerque students becoming TSA National Champions!
- A Carlsbad student highlighted by NMACT
CTE Corner: June Newsletter
We hope everyone had an enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. As an appreciation of your hard work during this last school year, we’d like to present the June edition of the CTE Corner. In the newsletter you will find the following: a feature story on College and Career Signing Day in New Mexico, a local CTE teacher being named a finalist for a national award, a new CTE building being built in Hobbs, new details on the Summer Enrichment Internship Project, and a new way to keep track of dates and deadlines within NMPED.
CTE Corner: May Newsletter
We’re nearing the finish line on the 20-21 school year and we want to thank our educators for their unwavering dedication to the students of New Mexico during this challenging time. In our May edition, we highlight the following: a valuable Q&A with Jerry Schalow (the President & CEO of the Rio Rancho Chamber of Commerce), details on the newly-launched Summer Enrichment Internship Program, a report on how COVID-19 impacted CTE across the nation, and more.
CTE Corner: April Newsletter
It’s been a long road to get to this point, but we’re finally welcoming students back into the classroom full-time! In our April edition, we highlight the following: CTE best practices at Career Technical Student Organizations, CTSO competition winners, CTE reentry guidance, legislative roundup, and a new CTE grant manager announcement.
CTE Corner: March Newsletter
It’s difficult to believe– it’s already March! In our March edition, we highlight the following: CTE best practices at Dora Consolidated Schools, a call for CTE teachers to become school liaisons, Las Cruces Public Schools taking part in the current legislative session, AP reminders, and Scholarship of the Month.
CTE Corner: February Newsletter
Happy CTE Month from the College and Career Readiness Bureau! In our February edition, we highlight the following: CTE best practices at Central New Mexico Community College, in-person learning expansion, CTE Funding & Application Workshop, a new Hiring Blitz, and the Scholarship of the Month.
CTE Corner: January Newsletter
Happy New Year from the College and Career Readiness Bureau! In our January edition, we highlight the following: CTE best practices at Farmington Municipal Schools, a breakdown of performance indicators, the new Spanish Career Cluster Guide Books, and a CCRB coach featured in a national publication.
CTE Corner: December Newsletter
Happy holidays from the College and Career Readiness Bureau! In our December edition, we highlight the following: CTE best practices at Tularosa Municipal Schools, an ENMU teacher in the running for a national CTE award, important events, and the scholarship of the month.
CTE Corner: November Newsletter
The College and Career Readiness Bureau is pleased to relaunch our monthly newsletter, now called CTE Corner. Our team hopes this platform will provide a variety of helpful ideas, resources, deadlines, and scholarship opportunities for you.
Upcoming Professional Development Events
NM Computer Science Professional Development Week, June 1-5, 2019
New Mexico ACTE Summer Conference, June 11-14, 2019 (Ruidoso)
- Thursday, June 13, 2019 Presentations
- Career Exploration – Louise Williams
- Perkins V Local Needs Assessment – Elaine Perea, PhD
- Are We Aligned Yet – Perkins V Secondary & Postsecondary Alignment – Elaine Perea, PhD & Alex Lutz
- Soft Skills & CTSOs – JoAnn Beuerle
- State CTE Grant Funding – Marc Duske
- Aerospace & STEM – Jaime Cherry
- Digital Media & Film – Susan Chaudoir, PhD
- Sustainable & Green Industries – Louise Williams
- Perkins V Overview – Elaine Perea, PhD
- Friday, June 14, 2019 Presentations
2nd Annual Advisor’s Summit, June 10-11, 2019 (Albuquerque)
- Preparing Students to Meet 21st Century Workforce Demands – Jennifer R. Curry, PhD, American Counselor Association
- Helping Students and Families Understand the College Payoff – Jennifer R. Curry, PhD, American Counselor Association
NM Computer Science Professional Development Week, June 3-7, 2019 (Albuquerque)
- New Mexico Computer Science (NM CS) Week Overview 2019
- NM CS Week 2019 Agenda
- NM CS Week Art with Science Flyer & Information
- NM CS Week Supercomputing Challenge Flyer & Information
New Mexico AP Summer Institutes
Perkins Application Workshop 2019
- 2019 Perkins Workshop Detailed Agenda
- 2019 Perkins Workshop Short Agenda
- Perkins Pre-Workshop, January 9, 2019
- Perkins Application Workshop, January 10-11, 2019
- Introduction and Perkins V – Dr. Elaine Perea
- Labor Market Analysis – Dr. Joseph Goins
- The Future of Work NM – Dr. Joseph Goins
- Regional Profiling Exercise – Dr. Joseph Goins
- Best Practices from Advisory Committees – JoAnn Beuerle
- True or False Blurt – JoAnn Beuerle
- Instructional Materials– Anthony Burns
- Certifications – Dr. Kim Johnson
- Reducing Education Inequity Among CTE Students – Rick Schmidt
- Data-Driven Decision Making – Marangellie Trujillo
- Application Portal Timeline and Finance – Louise Williams & Sheri Ayanniyi
- WEBLIOGRAPHY Jan 2019