Instructional Materials Reviewed by New Mexico Educators for New Mexico Educators
Our High Quality Instructional Materials (HQIM) Reviews website contains reviews conducted by New Mexico educators for New Mexico educators. Level II and Level III educators from across New Mexico review the submitted instructional materials for alignment with state-adopted standards and other high-quality criteria.
Please visit the website for review scores, a detailed appraisal for each reviewed core title, and other useful information about core instructional materials.
Summer Review Institute:
- The department conducts an annual summer review institute during which reviewers review instructional material for alignment with state content standards and benchmarks and criteria for high quality.
- The department’s annual summer review institute serves as the primary opportunity for new instructional material to be reviewed and considered for inclusion on the state adopted list of instructional materials.
- Reviewers are New Mexico teachers who are qualified with a Level 2 or Level 3-A license with experience in the content area being reviewed.
- Reviewers receive approximately 30 hours of training in the review process, including how to identify cultural and linguistic relevance and responsiveness in instructional materials, how to complete an unbiased review, and how to utilize the review rubrics and other review forms developed by content experts.
- Expertise is enhanced for those who participate in the summer review institute. Reviewers get a sense of what the standards look like in high-quality instructional materials.
Please view our Reviewer Experiences video to hear more about the Summer Review Institute experience from some of our reviewers.