Spring (All Courses) Facilitator Training
- During the same State Steering Committee meeting last week, dates for the Spring Facilitation Training were finalized.
- This facilitator academy is for Biology, Chemistry, and Physics Facilitators.
- The Facilitator Academy is scheduled for February 1–4, 2022. The breakdown is as follows:
- 2/1, from 10–11:30am MT, 1.5 hours (facilitator hat)
- 2/2, from 8:30am–4:30pm MT, 7 hours, with a 60-minute break plus smaller breaks throughout
- 2/3 – from 8:30am–4:30pm MT, 7 hours, with a 60-minute break plus smaller breaks throughout
- 2/4, from 10–11:30am MT, 1.5 hours (facilitator hat)
- Participating facilitators will be provided a stipend of $40 per hour for training occurring during off-contract time. Participants who attend the facilitation academy will be eligible to be contracted by the PED to facilitate OpenSciEd curriculum convenings at a contract rate of $500 per 8-hour day/$250 per 4-hour day, including planning time.
Spring Teacher Curriculum Convening
- The joint NM+OK Fall Teacher convening is schedule for March 4–5, 2022. Each day’s learning is from 8:00am–4:00pm MT, with a 60-minute break plus smaller breaks throughout. Please hold these dates in your calendars.
- In preparation for this joint convening, both states will meet on February 8, 2022, from 3:30–4:30pm MT to meet and being initial planning, fresh off our facilitator training the week before. Facilitators decide how to facilitate certain sections and best ways to support participants engaging in the curriculum convening.
- Participants who attend the facilitation academy will be eligible to be contracted by the PED to facilitate OpenSciEd curriculum convenings at a contract rate of $500 per 8-hour day/$250 per 4-hour day, including planning time.
- More information will be provided in February 2022.
Educators are asked to teach the courses in the order identified each year. In year 1, this involves 2–3 units (depending upon the course). In year 2, teachers would be asked to teach the full course in order with data only being collected from units in black.
|SY 2021–22||SY 2022–23|
The table below includes the dates for upcoming unit curriculum trainings and unit implementation. The column for “Unit Curriculum Convening Windows” indicates when we will meet virtually to learn about the next unit for implementation. The column “Unit Implementation/Field Test Window” indicates when the unit should be completely implemented and data submitted.
|UNITS||Unit Curriculum Convening Dates||Unit Implementation/Field Test Completion|
|BIO Unit 1, CHEM Unit 1, PHYS Unit 1||July 2021 (Completed)||By 11/30/2021 (Completed)|
|BIO Unit 3||December 10–11, 2021 from 8:00am–4:00pm MT||By 3/31/22|
|BIO Unit 4, CHEM Unit 4, PHYS Unit 5||March 4–5, 2022, from 8:00am–4:00pm MT||By 6/18/22|
Please hold these dates in your calendar. More information is forthcoming in January 2022.