New Mexico Math Framework 1.0
Below are a variety of resources to support educators and administrators in the implementation of the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics and the Standards for Mathematical Practices
Foundations of Common Core Math
- Math Appendix A – Designing high schools courses based on the Common Core State Standards for Mathematics
- Common Core Standards Progressions for K-12
- Coherence Map – Visual representation of connections between Common Core Math Standards
- TurnOnCCMath – Learning trajectories for the K-8 Common Core Math Standards
Understanding the Standards
- What Works Clearinghouse Math Practice Guides – Practice guides for educators to help find effective tools.
- Ask Dr. Math
- Parent’s Guide to Student Success – Developed by teachers, parents and education experts in response to the Common Core State Standards. The guides are also available in Spanish.
- Parent Roadmaps to Common Core Math – Provide guidance to parents about what their children will be learning and how they can support that learning in grades K-8.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- New Mexico Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- Illustrating the Standards for Mathematical Practice – 2-3 hour modules focusing on the math practices and is designed to be used to support teacher exploration of multiple practices across multiple grades.
- Inside Mathematics
- Principles to Action Professional Learning Toolkit
- Leading Sites for Mathematics Teachers
- Tools for the Common Core – As a math team coordinator in the writing of the Common Core in Mathematics, Bill McCallum keeps a blog on resources related to the implementation of the Common Core.
- Common Core Math Flipbooks – Developed by Kansas, these flipbooks are intended to show connections between the Common Core Math standards and the Standards for Math Practices. They provide a sample of instructional strategies and examples with the goal of guiding students in understanding and making sense of mathematics.
- Which One Doesn’t Belong
- Mathematics Assessment Project
- Math Snacks
- Number Talks
- NCTM Illuminations
Open Educational Resources (OER)