Pursuant to Section 22-8B-9 New Mexico Statutes Annotated 1978, chartering authorities and charter schools must enter into a contract.
The following documents are needed to support the contracting process:
- Charter Contract Template, Revised May 2021
- Contract Preparation Worksheet
- Certificate of Governing Body Vote
- Governing Board Bylaws
- Certificate Of Assurances To Comply With State and Federal Laws
- Board of Finance Documents
- Contact Sheet for Governing Board (in Contract Preparation Worksheet)
- STATEMENT OF GOVERNING BODY TO CONSULT WITH PED
- AFFIDAVIT OF GOVERNING BODY MEMBER
- AFFIDAVIT OF FINANCIAL RECORD CUSTODIAN (School Business Official)
- School Business Official’s License and CPO Certificate
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Non-Profit Foundation, if any
- Conflict of Interest Disclosures for each member of Foundation
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with third parties, if any
- WAIVERS SUMMARY – PEC NOTIFICATION
- Facilities Assurances (provide one of three, depending on school’s facilities)
- Insurance Documents (from POMS and Associates)
- Enrollment Policies and Procedures
Section 22-8B-9.1 also requires all public chartering authorities to establish a framework that clearly sets forth the academic and operations performance indicators and performance targets that will guide the chartering authority’s evaluation of each charter school.
The Public Education Commission has developed a PEC Charter Performance Review and Accountability System that will guide their oversight of state-chartered schools.