Target Table: COURSE_ENROLL
Data Submission Schedule: K5P, 40 Day, 80 Day, 120 Day, End of Year (EOY), and Summer (Optional)
Grain: One record per district / location / school year / course code / section / student / semester (reporting period/snapshot date)
- Course template required
- Student template required
Template Description – The Student Course Enrollment Template contains information on student enrollment in each course/section combination. The Student Course Enrollment template must be submitted for all students at each reporting period. Be sure to include all students currently enrolled in the class on a given snapshot date (EOY being an exception). For students who exited courses between reporting periods and grades need to be submitted, include all ongoing, significant course instruction that occurred anytime between the snapshot dates.
School Year 2019-2020 Changes:
- No Changes
- Delete Student Course Enrollment by District, Location, School Year, Effective Date, Course Code, Section Code, and Student Id
- Delete Student Course Enrollment by District, School Year, Effective Date, and Student Id
File Name Format: DDD_COURSE_ENROLL_YYYYMMDDHHMM.fff
File Name Format Example: 001_COURSE_ENROLL_201907071201.csv
|Field Number||Field Name||Data Type, Required, Code||Valid Values|
|1||DISTRICT CODE||Character, Required, Key|
|2||LOCATION CODE||Character, Required, Key|
|3||SCHOOL YEAR DATE||Date, Required, Key||
|4||ENROLLMENT PERIOD NUMBER||Number (0 decimals), Required, Key||
|5||EFFECTIVE DATE||Date, Required, Key|
|6||ENROLLMENT CODE||Character, Required, Key||
|7||STUDENT ID||Character, Required, Key||9 digit student ID|
|10||REQUEST SEQUENCE||Number ( 0 decimals), Required, Key||
|13||SEMESTER||Character, Required, Key||
|14||COURSE CODE LONG||Character, Required, Key||8 digit course code|
|15||COURSE DELIVERY MODEL CODE||Character, Required, Updateable||
|16||COURSE CONTENT CODE||Character, Conditionally Required, Updateable||
|18||SPECIAL PROGRAM CODE||Character, Conditionally Required, Updateable||
|19||ALTERNATE CREDIT COURSE CODE||Character, Optional, Updateable||For use in High School Only. If this class is offered for alternative credit, enter the 8-digit course number of the course this course is replacing, otherwise leave blank|
|20||SECTION CODE LONG||Character, Required, Key||Class section number assigned by school district to identify district classes.|
|21||COURSE INSTRUCTOR SNAPSHOT DATE||Date, Required, Updateable|
- The Student Course Enrollment Template contains information on student enrollment in each course/section combination. The Student Course Enrollment template must be submitted for all students at each reporting period. Be sure to include all students currently enrolled in the class on a given snapshot date. (EOY being an exception).
- Hospitalized students (Location Code = 993), homebound students (Location Code = 998), home schooled students (Location Code = 999), and students enrolled in private school but receiving public special education services (Location Code = 997), should not be submitted in this template.
- Semester, Course Instructor Snapshot Date, Course Code Long and Section Code Long MUST match the corresponding fields in the COURSE INSTRUCTOR Template and COURSE Template for proper HQT results and to connect a student to a teacher for teacher evaluations.
- Please note that in order for districts to receive funding for instructional materials purchased for Dual Credit Courses, Field #18 must = D
Question: What is the difference between concurrent enrollment and dual credit?
Answer: If a high school student is taking a course for credit at an institution of higher education but not receiving high school graduation credit at the primary enrollment high school location, the student is considered to be concurrently enrolled. However, if a student is taking a class for credit at an institution of higher education and the class counts for credit toward high school graduation, the student would be considered to be dually enrolled.