Target Table: PROGRAMS_FACT
Data Submission Schedule: K5P, 40 Day, 80 Day, 120 Day, End of Year (EOY), and Summer
Grain: One record per district / location / school year / student / program
- Student Required
Template Description – Use this template to associate students to special programs. Submit only for active students as of the reporting date; students must be participating in these program(s) at the time of submission. This template tracks participation for the following programs:
- Bilingual Education
- English Learners
- English Language Development
- Transportation Services
- Vocational-Technical Ed/Concurrent/Dual Enrollment
- Charter School Athletics
- Charter School Students participation in a District Activity
- Home School Student participation in a District Activity
- Title IA, Title IA Funded Preschool, Title III, Title VII, Title VIII
- Coordinated Early Intervening Services (CEIS)
- K3 Plus
- 3Y and 4Y.
School Year 2019-2020 Changes:
- Field 5 – PROGRAMS CODEThe following code:
- K3P – K3 Plus (retired)
Is replaced with:
- K5P – K5 Plus (new)
- Field #18 – Participation Info Code:
- New code – 50 – Extended Learning Time:
- As part of the K5P collection only, a new code 50 indicating Extended Learning Time will be collected in field #18 Participation Info Code (value 50). Business Rule: If field 5=K5P AND the student received Extended Learning Time anytime during the 25 days of K-5 Plus, then field #18 Participation Info Code will contain the value 50 to indicate Extended Learning Time was received by the K5P student. This value will ONLY be collected here for the K5P collection where the Report Date=2019-09-01. During the rest of the year, more detailed Extended Learning Time information will be collected at 40D, 80D, 120D & EOY in the new template Program Services Fact.
- New code – 50 – Extended Learning Time:
File Name Format: DDD_PROGRAMS_FACT_YYYYMMDDHHMM.fff
File Name Format Example: 001_PROGRAMS_FACT_201807071201.csv
|Field Number||Field Name||Data Type, Required, Code||Valid Values|
|1||District Code||Char, Required, Key|
|2||Location Code||Char, Required, Updateable|
|3||School Year Date||Date, Required, Key||
|4||Student ID||Char, Required, Key||Enter 9 digit student ID|
|5||Programs Code||Char, Required, Key||
|6||Beginning Date||Date, Required, Key||
|9||Program Intensity||Char, Conditionally Required, Updateable||
|17||Original Program Start Date||Date, Conditionally Required, Updateable||
|18||PARTICIPATION INFO CODE||Char, Conditionally Required, Updateable||
|19||PROGRAM FREQUENCY||Char, Conditionally Required, Updateable||
|20||PROGRAM DURATION||Char, Conditionally Required, Updateable||
|17||PROGRAM SESSION CODE||Char, Conditionally Required, Updateable||
|Delete template||Delete Parameters||Template(s) Deleted||Delete Level|
|Programs Fact||District, School Year, Program Start Date, and Student ID||Programs Fact||Single Record|
|Programs Fact||District, Program Start Date||Programs Fact||All Records for Period|
Q: Which students should be counted as eligible for bus transportation?
A: The following items determine whether a student is eligible for bus transportation:
- Transportation boundary
- Students must reside outside of the statutory walking distance to their assigned school unless an individualized education program (IEP) for Special Education determines that the transportation is necessary or an approval for hazardous walking exists
- Students must be considered “qualified” students as specified in 22-8-2 (M) NMSA 1978
- Students must meet the membership requirements of 22-8-2 (B) NMSA 1978.
- Report only those students who are both eligible for bus transportation and ride the bus on the reporting date.
For more information, please contact Antonio Ortiz, Student Transportation Director at (505) 827-3863.
Coordinated Early Intervening Services (CEIS): Enter the Start date within the current school year that the student began. CEIS is provided to regular education students in grades K – 12 with a particular emphasis on students in grades K – 3. Early Intervening applies to regular education students who are at risk of referral for special education services, grades K through 12. Federal IDEA funds can be used for regular education coordinated early intervening services. School districts must have their plan approved prior to the initiation of CEIS. Special education students cannot be entered into CEIS.
- Mandatory CEIS – Enter those students identified particularly, but not exclusively in those groups that were significantly over-identified. Those students must be monitored for a two year period after being identified.
- Voluntary CEIS – School districts may set aside up to 15% of IDEA funds for voluntary CEIS.
Q: How should I report a 5 year old receiving early childhood services?
A: If the IDEA eligible student turns 5 years of age after 12:01 a.m. on September 1st of the school year the student may continue to be placed in the 4Y program through the IEP process.
Q: Program of Study – POS
A: PED uses course enrollments to determine when a student reaches formal concentrator status for federal reporting, and has an algorithm for assigning students to a cluster based upon the classes a student has taken. The program fact field POS does NOT require students to have enrolled in 3 or more classes within a cluster. Instead, this field is for the declared pathway. The declared pathway is part of the student’s next step plan. It is used when a student intends to be a concentrator and the valid values for the field are the same as the cluster choices indicated on the next step plan. Students may not have yet taken 3 or more classes in a cluster area, but they intend to concentrate in that cluster. The base of information is what is indicated on the next step plan and it may change from year to year. The CCR bureau will compare the declared CTE concentrator with the actual enrollments as students move through their program of study.
Q: How do i report Charter School Students Participating in a District Activity or Home School Students Participating in a District Activity?
A: If a student is participating in “Charter School Students participating in a District Activity” or “Home School Students participating in a District Activity”, and the district that is counting their participation is not their home district, you must enter that student in your student template in order to submit their participation via the Programs Fact template. Use district and location codes where the district activity occurred.