Domain Description: The Special Education domain templates collects data required for all students with an Individualized Education Program (sometimes called the Individual Education Plan or IEP). This includes students with disabilities (SWD) and students in a Gifted Education Program.
Used to assist educators, parents and State and local educational agencies in implementing the requirements of Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Section 618, regarding Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for children with disabilities, including preschool-aged children.
New Mexico often collects additional information included in IEPs in order to document that the LEAs have met certain aspects of federal or state law.
The Special Education Domain consists of the following templates:
- SPECIAL EDUCATION SNAPSHOT – identifies all active students with an IEP. Includes students in Special Education and/or Gifted Education.
- SPECIAL EDUCATION SERVICES FACT – identifies the related services received by students found to be a “child with a disability” as defined by IDEA and is eligible for special education and related services. Does not include students identified as “SPEECH ONLY”
- SPECIAL EDUCATION EVENTS – identifies various events to determine whether or not the LEA has met certain aspects of federal or state laws (ex. Initial Evaluation, Early Childhood Part C to B transition, etc.).
Other linked templates to the above, may include:
- STUDENT, required
- STUDENT SNAPSHOT, required
- PROGRAMS FACT, conditionally required
- ASSESSMENT FACT, conditionally required
- STUDENT INFRACTION, conditionally required
- STUDENT INFRACTION RESPONSE, conditionally required
- STAFF, required
- STAFF SNAPSHOT, required
- STAFF ASSIGNMENT, required
- TRANSPORTATION, conditionally required
- 40 Day
- 80 Day
- 120 Day
- End of Year
- SUMMER submission required only if student is attending school.