includes first aid, safety, personal health, nutrition, drugs & behavior, human sexuality, program planning and evaluation, human anatomy and physiology, human growth & development, life skills, conflict resolution, stress management, family relationships, mental health, community resources, wellness. Some nursing coursework also accepted.
- Beginning teachers adding the endorsement to an initial license must satisfy the requirements for the license which include 24-36 semester hours in health and pass the Content Knowledge Assessment (CKA) in Health.
- Teachers seeking to add the endorsement to an existing NM teaching license of any level can either:
- Pass the CKA in Health; predecessor or comparable exam; or
- Earn 24-36 semester hours of credit in health (12 of the hours must be upper division credit if adding the endorsement to a secondary or pre k-12 specialty license); or
- Be certified by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards in health.