Skip to Content


Agriculture 2018-01-02T17:14:34+00:00

82     Agriculture

any agriculture related coursework is acceptable.




  • Beginning teachers adding the endorsement to an initial license must satisfy the  requirements for the license which include 24-36 semester hours in agriculture education and pass the Content Knowledge Assessment (CKA) in Agriculture.


  • Teachers seeking to add the endorsement to an existing NM teaching license of any level can either:
    • Pass the CKA in Agriculture; predecessor or comparable exam; or
    • Earn 24-36 semester hours of credit in agriculture (12 of the hours must be upper division credit if adding the endorsement to a secondary or pre k-12 specialty license); or

    • Be certified by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards in agriculture.


Agriculture NMAC



Page last updated January 2, 2018