Instructional Support Provider is anyone who provides services for a public school or state institution as an educational assistant, school counselor, school social worker, school nurse, speech-language pathologist, psychologist, physical therapist, physical therapy assistant, occupational therapist, marriage and family therapist, occupational therapy assistant, recreational therapist, signed language interpreter, educational, alcohol and drug abuse counselor, substance abuse associate, and other service providers who are employed to support the instructional program of a school district or charter school.
- $150 (non-refundable) fee; and
- Initial application via NMPED Online Licensure Portal; and
- Official sealed transcripts from all Universities/Colleges attended with degree(s) posted; and
- Copy of valid certification from the NM Counseling and Therapy Practices Board; and
- Register for background/fingerprints for “Teacher Licensure”.
- $120 (non-refundable) fee will be valid for a one year grace period for level 2 or 3 (from time of expiration). If the expiration date exceeds the grace period a $150.00 would apply; and
- Renewal Application via NMPED Online Licensure Portal; and
- Superintendent’s Recommendation for Continuing Licensure (Must be on School District Letterhead); and
- Copy of current, valid certification from the NM Counseling and Therapy Practices Board; and
- Superintendent’s Recommendation for Continuing Licensure (Must be on School District Letterhead); or
- A notarized letter attesting that you have not been employed and used your New Mexico license(s) during the life of the license(s).
- Note: The earliest you can renew same level license is January of expiring year.
- If educator does not have additional valid licenses on file, then must register for background/fingerprints for “Teacher Licensure”.
Renewal of Licensure Level
Level 1 → 3 year license
Level 2 → 9 year license, advancement to a level 2 can be obtained after 3 full school years of licensure on a level 1 license
Level 3 → 9 year license, advancement to a level 3 can be obtained after 3 full school years of licensure on a level 2 license
Delay of application:
- Your application is lacking supporting documents listed in the above check list.
- If your license(s) has expired (and you do not have additional valid licenses on file), and your background was completed 24 months or more, you will need to complete a new background.
NMPED Correspondence with Educators:
- Consultants correspond by email. Please check your spam/junk folder.
NMPED Licensure Transcripts Information
All fees submitted are non-refundable