“Instructional support providers” formerly referred to as related service or ancillary providers, shall mean anyone who provides services for a public school or state institution as an educational assistant, school counselor, school social worker, school nurse, speech-language pathologist, psychologist, physical therapist, physical therapy assistant, occupational therapist, marriage and family therapist, occupational therapy assistant, recreational therapist, signed language interpreter, educational, alcohol and drug abuse counselor, substance abuse associate and other service providers who are employed to support the instructional program of a school district or charter school.
- $150 (non-refundable) fee, cashier’s check or money order; and
- Initial Application via NMPED Online Licensure Portal; and
- Official sealed transcripts from all Universities/Colleges attended with degree(s) posted; and
- Copy of valid Recreational Therapist license issued by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC); and
- Register for background/fingerprints for “Teacher Licensure”.
- $120 (non-refundable) fee, cashier’s check or money order will be valid for a one year grace period for level 2 or 3 (from time of expiration). If the expiration date exceeds the grace period a $150.00 would apply; and
- Renewal Application via NMPED Online Licensure Portal; and
- Superintendent ‘s Recommendation for Continuing Licensure (Must be on School District Letterhead); and
- Copy Valid Recreational Therapist license issued by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) .
- Note: The earliest you can renew same level license is January of expiring year.
- If educator does not have additional valid licenses on file, then must register for background/fingerprints for “Teacher Licensure”.
Renewal of Licensure Level
Level 1 → 5 year license, advancement to a level 2 can be done after 3 full school years of licensure at a level 1
Level 2 → 9 year license, advancement to a level 3 can be done after 6 full school years of licensure at a level 2
Level 3 → 9 year license
Delay of application:
- Your application is lacking supporting documents listed in the above check list.
- If your license(s) has expired (and you do not have additional valid licenses on file), and your background was completed 24 months or more, you will need to complete a new background for Teacher Licensure. School Employment backgrounds will not be accepted.
NM PED Correspondence with Educators:
- Consultants correspond by email; please check your spam/junk folder.
NM PED Licensure Transcripts Information
- Official Transcripts: Transcripts must be sealed and addressed to 300 Don Gaspar, Santa Fe, NM 87501 OR eScrips can be sent by the university(s) to the attention of NMPED at the following email address email@example.com.
- Official Foreign Transcripts Evaluations: Transcripts must be sealed and addressed to 300 Don Gaspar, Santa Fe, NM 87501 (we only accept mailed foreign transcripts evaluation).
- All foreign transcripts need to have a course-by-course evaluation completed. Click Here for a list of evaluators who are members of the Foreign Transcript Evaluation Services (NCAES). The Public Education Department does not require nor recommend NACES listed service members be used. There is no “official” organization or regulatory body for foreign credential interpretation or evaluation methodology in the US. It is based on commonly-developed and agreed standards of good practice.
All fees submitted are non-refundable