Welcome to the New Mexico Professional Licensure Bureau
Our staff provides information and assistance to educators, school districts, and the general public regarding teacher, administrator, support provider, and instructional support provider certification.
The professional licensure bureau will be closed to customers on January 15, 2018 between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm.
The Professional Licensure Bureau has moved!
120 S. Federal Place
Santa Fe, NM 87501
*For walk-in submittal of applications or appointments for consults, please come to our physical address. Please bring a valid government issued ID, passport, or military ID for entrance into the Federal building.
Metered parking is in front of the Joseph M. Montoya Building and costs 25 cents per 15-minute interval. The parking meters accept quarters, dimes, and nickels. Public garage parking is available in the Santa Fe Community Convention Center Municipal Garage located directly across the street on S Federal Pl. Rates for the garage are $1 for the first hour, $2 for the second hour and each hour after, $12 maximum.
Public Education Department
300 Don Gaspar
Santa Fe, NM 87501
*Please mail applications and any documents for your professional licensure to our mailing address.
Licensure Front Desk
Licensure News Updates
- December 4, 2017: Two new National Evaluation Series early childhood education tests will replace the NMTA Assessment of Teacher Competency Early Childhood Test beginning December 4, 2017. The two new NES tests are:
- NES Early Childhood Education (Birth – Prekindergarten)
- NES Early Childhood Education (Age 3 – Age 8)
- December 11, 2017: The Native American Language and Cultural Certificate now has an application fee of $35.00. The certificate holder will be considered a support provider. We created a separate support provider application to reflect this change, please visit the application page to access the application.
- January 1, 2018: Current Processing time for Licenses is 5-7 business days.